Eligibility & Selection Criteria
Prospective candidates are expected to meet the standards determined by AAC to progress through the selection process for yearly intakes, subject the specific Conditions as follows:
- Applicants must be graduates from Medical schools listed under WHO
- (Refer https://imed.faimer.org/OR https://search.wdoms.org/)
- A recognized internship program of a minimum one year duration, subject to it being succeeding the Bachelor's Degree, without any abruption in the duration.
- Duration since Bachelors & Internship until application to DRTP to not exceed 5 & 4 years respectively
- Candidates should not have been out of clinical practice for more than 12 months at any point.
- English language Proficiency Certificate (TOEFL=550 or above/ IELTS Academic = 6 or above.)
- Duly attested certifications. Attestation of Medical Degree, Transcripts & Internship Certificates for those issued outside UAE is to be undertaken from:
- UAE Embassy of the issuing country or Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Dubai
- Ministry of Higher Education of UAE
- Personal Identification Proof
- Successfully passing the Pre-Entry Exam held at UAE University prior initiating the application.
The Pre-Entry Exam (EMSTREX - Emirates Medical Residency Entrance Examination) is conducted by the College of Medicine & Health Sciences (CMHS) at UAE University - Al Ain. Exams are held during the months of December, January, February & March. Registration to the exams may be completed online on the UAE University webpage at https://fmhsmeb.uaeu.ac.ae/.DRTP also caters to the training needs of other governmental institutions in Dubai, including but not limited to Ministry of Health, Dubai Police, Armed Forces etc. Such Residents may apply with DRTP following the routine process however, this does not construe a guarantee of their acceptance and they are subject to compete to earn a placement similar to other applicants to DRTP.
Online registrations are open typically during the months of March & April of every year, over a period of 30 days. Announcement for the same shall be posted on the DHA site
An online payment of AED620/- is applicable, which is all-inclusive (registration, processing and handling charges) payable via credit card: MasterCard, VISA, visa electron, etc. Additional transaction fees may be applicable.
Following the above, the DRTP team undertakes the credential process for applicants on one to one basis. Thereafter a committee chaired by the Head of Academic Affairs Centre reviews and shortlists candidates in Phase 1.
Shortlisting & Interview
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for assessment through Multiple Mini Interviews (MMI). The Interview uses many short independent assessments, typically in a timed circuit, to obtain an aggregate score of each candidate's soft skills.
Meanwhile, the applicants are also required initiate the process of having their certificates (Bachelors & Internship) verified by way of obtaining Primary Source Verification (PSV). Access the below link to study the PSV process https://www.dha.gov.ae/en/HealthRegulation/Pages/PrimarySourceVerification.aspx
Alternatively contact +971-4-5022901 for related queries
Recruitment into DRTP
Selected Residents will be asked to initiate their recruitment process with HR. During this time it is essential that the PSV report is ready and failure to produce one will halt the recruitment process.
||Obstetrics & Gynecology
|Family Medicine (UAE Nationals Only)
||Ortho & Trauma Surgery (UAE Nationals Only)
|Neurosurgery (UAE Nationals Only)
Dental Internship Program
Dental Residency Program